Wednesday, April 20, 2005

blood boiling

yesterday my blood pressure was 100/65. thats average. i take my blood pressure at different points through out the day. yesterday, when it was 100/65, i was digesting. people say that when you get mad your blood pressure rises. one day i got myself really mad. i imagined some one who has a complete disregard for puncuality. i yelled, "how dare you?". i broke plates. then i sat down and took my blood pressure. it was 176/99. after that i tried to calm myself. i breathed in and out, in and out, and i closed my eyes and imagined warm sand between my fingers, picking it up and letting it fall through. when i felt calm and content i took my blood pressure again. it was 87/55. two complete extremes and i did it in under two hours.

blood pressure is the force of the blood pushing against the walls of your arteries. i take my blood pressure after i watch different tv shows to see how they affect my body. after the bachelor its fairly normal, 106/70. after fear factor its up to 120/75. and then after oprah its low, 95/67.

sometimes i lie in bed and try feel the blood in my veins, pushing through, always on the same route, out from my heart then down through my legs or arms out to my fingertips and back again. i lie and i try to feel the pressure of the blood against the walls of my arteries. i wonder if it gets bored, my blood, always going around the same track, like some doomed go-cart. it deserves a rest.

1 Comments:

Blogger kb said...

they sell blood pressure machines at costco.

May 12, 2005 at 9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home