Wednesday, January 26, 2005

a dear john letter to the san fernando valley

dear valley,

let me just begin by saying that the past five years have been great. you have given me so much,wide streets mapped out like a grid, impossible to to get lost on, conveniently located in n out burgers, malls, pinapple hill, kaiten sushi, daglas, ample parking, huge apartments, pools, workout rooms...you see where this is going. but i have to leave. there is simply no way you can keep me here. you are too far from...well, everything that is really important or cool. so even though i have so enjoyed your tortorously hot summers and moderately priced gas i am going to go. i think it best if i don't tell you where, i fear you might roll up on yourself in an attempt to follow me. i'm sorry my dear valley. you've lost me. i am sure i will be back to visit, but never to live.

yours in love, grattitude, and goodtimes,
kaitlyn

1 Comments:

Blogger D-Zasstruss said...

this valley was my home,
where I dreamed, and stole.
a fabrication, a poem;
where I lost my soul.

January 26, 2005 at 11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home